Skip to content

Marshall-Yohe House

The three story Queen Anne Victorian home was built in 1885 by Abram and Belle Crowe Marshall. Mr. Marshall was founder of the Saline Valley Bank located in Lincoln. Abram and Belle Marshall had three children: Daniel, Lydia and Rachel. The Marshall family was to become one of the most influential families in the county.

The home was purchased from the Marshalls by Ben and Delia Yohe. Ben owned and operated the Shady Bend Mill along the Saline River east of Lincoln. Delia Yohe was known for her entertaining and her lovely talent for hand painting china. Several pieces are on display in the home to date. After Delia’s death in 1942, Ben married Lucretia Scholer from the Barnard area. Lucretia was a case supervisor for the Lincoln County Social Welfare Department. Married only two years, Ben passed away in 1946.

Lucretia spent many hours caring and enjoying the lovely garden west of the house. Doll making was another of Lucretia’s delights. On display at the Kyne House Museum in Lincoln are a set of Presidents dolls that she made along with many others.

In 1983 Lucretia was moved to the Mid America Nursing Center and the house sat vacant until 1989. Her wishes were to have the house restored and the lovely furnishings and antiques displayed.

Currently the home is available for tours by reservation. The LCHS holds several county events throughout the year. Check our calendar to view upcoming events.

Professional Photographers may also rent the home for photo sessions at $25.00 for a two hour sitting fee.