Skip to content

This native stone house is still located in its original location. Originally owned by Timothy and Bridget Kyne. Bridget escaped from being captured in the 1869 Lincoln County Indian Raids. Lincoln County Historical Society purchased the Kyne house in 1977 from the Hans-Jorgensen Estate. Upon hearing of the purchase of the Kyne house, Estella Kyne donated some family artifacts as well as an endowment. That was the foundation of which the historical museum began.